Monday, February 24, 2014

The little things.

On Saturday it was 55 degrees and sunny. It feels like it's been a lifetime since I've felt the sun on my face. Is that too melodramatic?

This morning I made myself some silver dollar Greek yogurt pancakes. It's also felt like a lifetime since I've cooked a well-balanced breakfast.

This winter rut of mine? I think it was a little bit deeper than usual. I think I may have lost myself for a little bit. But just like the sun finally did, I'm coming back out.

I can't make spring come any sooner, I know that most of the country is wishing for the same thing. But I can focus on the little things that make the gray days a bit more tolerable.


Kitty on the my laptop.


Six dozen Monster Cookies.


The perfect cup of coffee.

For today, these things are enough. 

For today, this is progress.

(for next week, this list better include a double digit run or that 20-miler may be a disaster :-) )


Hello again and happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment