Friday, March 29, 2013

What Day Is It?

I'm at the end of a 65 hour work week (between two jobs) and I feel like a walking zombie! I'm not quite as back on track as I had hoped to be but I don't feel badly about that given how busy I've been. It doesn't help to beat yourself up.

Let's take a look at some eats!

The week started out well, when I'm super busy I like to try to make it easy to eat as healthily as possible as it truly does make me feel better. Stir fries are a life saver because a well balanced meal can be done so fast.



Monday night was tofu marinated in soy, agave and sriracha on top of sauteed kale, onion, red pepper and broccoli.



Tuesday was K.'s turn to choose the eats and he went with pasta. I cooked up a vegetarian "chicken" patty (I'm not a big fan of these meat alternative patties, but again, on busy weeks it's a great way to still get in enough protein), topped it with tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella that I let broil for a bit and enjoyed.

Wednesday I inhaled a "chicken" patty between jobs #1 & #2. Seriously. That was dinner.

But it gets worse. Last night after my second consecutive 14 hour work day I had a frosty and split some fries with K. from Wendy's. That is NOT typical for me but it was the only thing that sounded good at 11p. I don't feel great about the choice but it happened (and was honestly pretty delicious).

Breakfast has been my favorite still! I am hardcore addicted to Greek yogurt pancakes and love to make myself a single serving and save a little yogurt as a topping. Flavors of the week:



2% Banana! So heavenly, you can't go wrong with banana pancakes


But seriously, these were THE best thing ever. Coffee w/ dark chocolate Chobani bite inside a pancake. Make these now!

-1 container Chobani bite (since they are only 3.5 oz)
-1/4 c. flour
-1/2 tsp. baking soda 
-1 egg white

I'm glad that I survived the week and that I'll soon have some time to clean the kitchen, do some grocery shopping and eat nothing but vegetables! (Plus train for this 15K I'm supposed to run next weekend- EEK!) 

Hope that all is well in Blogland, feels good to be back :-)

2 comments:

  1. Just found your site on Meals and Miles. So glad I did. Your recipes look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and welcome! I've got a few new recipe posts in the works for next week :-)

      Delete