Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Meal plan? What meal plan?

Yesterday was all out of whack, but kind of in a good way. My work day came to an early end when I had to hightail it home to meet the repair man. We have been without AC for 4 days and they have just so happened to have been the hottest days of summer so far. I was so desperate to actually be able to get a good night's sleep tonight that I would have done anything to get this air conditioner up and running. Luckily for me all I had to do was leave work early :-)

I had drafted up this meal plan for the week and was ready to get us back on track, since our refrigerator is currently a barren wasteland, but with my new found afternoon off I couldn't bring myself to spend it in the grocery store & kitchen. Instead I knocked out an hour long bike ride and felt both energized and really really sweaty. I was definitely right when I predicted that this week would be very high in mileage- I've already clocked so many miles that I'm impressed by myself over here, haha.

So what's a lazy couple to do to celebrate their working air conditioner?


Take and bake pizza!

Tuesdays just happen to be buy one get one free at our local pizza place, Mama Mimi's, and these pies are so delicious. The pictures don't do them justice but they are freshly prepared right in front of you and absolutely layered with veggies. They feel significantly less greasy than a simple delivery pizza and Mama Mimi's makes all the nutritional information available on their site, which I always appreciate. A well balanced dinner and plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week, win-win.

I am looking forward to getting back into the kitchen this weekend. I have some serious food prep planned for Sunday because life has been getting so busy again that we need to have more healthy things that we can grab on the run. While I feel pretty good about the choices I make I know I could be saving a bit more money by stocking the fridge at the start of the week. I've been bookmarking recipes like crazy and can't wait to share my plans (and the outcome!) but for now I'll just leave you in suspense.

Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment