Monday, July 15, 2013

Training Rundown Week 5

Greetings from vacation! Sorry again for the hiatus- the past few days have been hectic to say the least. After finally relaxing and coming to terms with what day it is (Monday, right?) I hope to be back on track. 

Let's take a look back at last week, shall we?

Monday: 50 minute run
This was a good strong run. I covered well over 5 miles and felt back on track after my three days of rest.

Tuesday: Jillian NMTZ
It felt so good to have my weekly Jillian ritual back. I could tell that it had been too long since the last time I "hung out" with Jillian, but it was a much needed strength workout.

Wednesday: Speedwork, Tempo A
This didn't go quite as smoothly as I had hoped. When I got home from work we had no power and it was super-storming out so I figured I wouldn't be running that night. I settled in for my favorite snack of popcorn (thank you, gas stove) + hummus and planned on a rest day. The storm cleared up around 7p and it was beautiful (and finally cool) outside and I knew I had to run. Unfortunately the hummus and popcorn didn't feel too settled in my stomach. I still maintained around an 8 min pace for my tempos and actually hit 7:46 for a 5 minute stretch (go me!) but this run was quite unpleasant.

Thursday: 40 minute run
A cross-training day that didn't happen. I was busy packing and thought I wouldn't even be able to squeeze a run in but then I was feeling stressed and knew I needed to calm down. This run was just about my sanity, really. 

Friday: 40 minute run
My first official vacation day! I was at my sisters' house and in a neighborhood that I'm not completely familiar running in so I just kind of set out on a mission to explore. It was refreshing to run somewhere new.

Saturday: Long run. 13 miles!
Such an exciting milestone! My longest "training run"! My sister joined me on the towpath and we thankfully covered 8 miles together before I finished the last 5 on my own. I felt really strong and comfortable on this run. I kept my heart rate low and enjoyed my personal training distance record. The runner's high was good for this one. I do wish we would have ventured out 30-60 minutes earlier but I finished and felt fantastic about my time.

Sunday: Rest/Spend 8+ hours in the car

Total Running Miles: 30.85. Longest week ever!

July to date: 49.33 miles (right on track!)

Goals for this week: Enjoy my vacation! I know I need to keep up with my training, but I also need to relax. I packed Jillian (seriously!) and I'm aiming for 4 runs of any distance. I enjoy working out and it is honestly a priority while I'm on vacation (as it is really calming for me) but I'm not going to stress about hitting the mileage my training plan requires. I feel good about where I'm at so I'm not too worried!

My blogging may be a bit irregular this week but I hope to pop by often to check in, hope you are all having a stellar Monday!







1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Venturing into uncharted mileage and putting up your highest weekly total ever is quite the accomplishment. Great job! Now relax on that vacation and bask in the glory of a training plan well executed, and get this week's miles polished off.

    ReplyDelete