Thursday, February 28, 2013

Strength Training + Sweet Curry Tofu

Tonight after work I had a hot date with my good friend Jillian.




(beautiful high quality self portrait :-) )

I'm terrible about sticking with strength training. I enjoy pretty much every other kind of exercise more but I know that it's important so I am grateful for Jillian's DVDs. I did 30 day shred and am embarrassed by how hard it was on my arms! I need to get my hands on a copy of No More Trouble Zones because that one is just crazy hard, I swear it makes me sore for nearly a week. Though I imagine I'll be feeling this one tomorrow morning too.



Afterwards I was starving but luckily I had spent most of the 22 minutes of 30DS zoning out and planning this meal. 


Sweet Curry Tofu and veggies (serves 2-4)
- a little more than half a block of extra firm tofu, cut into tiny cubes
- about 1TBSP soy sauce
- 1-2TBSP agave nectar
- a squeeze of sriracha
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 an onion, sliced
- 1/2 a red pepper, diced
- 2 cups raw kale, roughly chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, roughly chopped

Cook down the onion in a nonstick pan over medium heat  with a dash of olive oil until translucent and JUST about to brown. While the onion is cooking cube the tofu and mix together the soy, agave, sriracha, curry and cumin.  Put the tofu + marinade it a tupperware container and shake to coat it all





Remove the onion from the pan and set aside. Turn the heat up to high, add a splash of canola oil and let it heat up. Add the tofu but not the additional marinade (reserve this for later) and let it brown on all sides.



Add the onions back into the pan and 1/3 of the remaining marinade, cook for another 3-5 minutes




Toss in the raw kale with another 1/3 of the remaining marinade and cook down. 




Lastly add in the red pepper, chopped raw broccoli and remaining marinade. Lower the heat to medium, cover the pan and let steam.

You can serve it over quinoa or rice if you like but I just ate it as it was (with a side of roasted acorn squash).


So delicious and quick! 

Time to curl up on the couch until with the boy, the kitties and another episode of House of Cards. I see mango sorbet and chocolate chips in my future though... :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment