Thursday, May 23, 2013

One of those weeks

I don't know what it is but I just haven't been able to wrap my head around this week. I feel like I've spent most of it not knowing what day it is! Yesterday after a marathon day at work I came home and immediately crashed in my bed, when I finally woke up I was SO confused! I remember thinking it was Saturday morning and I felt like I had to be somewhere. Needless to say I'm more than thankful that today is almost Friday.

Let's rewind and see where my time has gone.

As soon as I got home from work on Tuesday, I whipped up this banana bread from Christina @ Hungry Meets Healthy, subbing blueberry Chobani for the banana (because that's what I had on hand). The smell of the bread baking was pretty much all that could get me through my workout. NMTZ was seriously tough. My still sore muscles were rebelling against me but I powered through the best I could. It was certainly not the greatest of workouts but I was happy to be doing it. Dinner was my standard mixing bowl full of salad, this time pumped up with a black bean burger buried somewhere in there. 



Dessert was (unpictured) banana bread and it.was.heavenly! Follow that link and make it right now. I whipped it up in minutes and barely made a mess (which is a HUGE accomplishment for me!). DO IT.

I crashed hard on Tuesday and knew that Wednesday had to be a rest day. Work was kind of blur, things have been hard and hectic at work and my days there just feel so long. I took my random nap last night and raided the refrigerator for anything that could resemble dinner. What I came up with is too embarrassing to admit. Popcorn + banana bread were also enjoyed.



I'm still (impatiently) waiting for photos, but may just end up posting my Dirty Du recap tomorrow anyways, without them :-/. I'll be so disappointed if there are none because there were also ZERO official race photos of me at Cap City. How does that even happen?!?

Memorial Day is coming up and I barely even realized! A 3 day weekend COULD sound awesome except I'm working second job Fri-Sun. That would bum me out more if I wasn't desperately trying to save up for a new bike thanks to my reignited love of cycling. If I keep getting all these extra hours I'll be riding this baby (in charcoal/teal) in no time! Memorial Day also means that it's just about time to get back into my training plan, where did my freedom go?!? At least I have Monday off to do absolutely nothing, so thankful for that.

Any big Memorial weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment